Read my 2014 DAC trip reports:
My engineering career began at Intel designing DRAMs at a time when Design Rule Checking (DRC) and Layout Versus Schematic checking (LVS) where done manually by New College Graduates (NCGs). It quickly dawned on me that Computer Aided Design (CAD) was desperately needed. Intel had a strong culture of internally developed CAD tools however that team never seemed to be able to automate everything that I wanted, so I just started writing my own CAD tools to make my life easier as an engineer.
After 8 years in IC design I decided to do something about the dearth of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools and joined a start-up called Silicon Compilers Inc in San Jose. The vision at SCI was quite powerful: Design at a high level of abstraction, push a button and the chip is automatically created both logically and physically. Mentor Graphics saw the promise of SCI and acquired the company.
EDA Consulting Services
I will accelerate your EDA business success with marketing and training services like:
My work can be conducted in stealth mode or out in the open to fit your project.
EDA at SemiWiki.com
This new site was launched in January 2011 and covers the EDA plus IP industries with: Forums, Wiki Pages and Blogs. We have several veteran bloggers: Daniel Nenni, Paul McLellan, Eric Esteve, Ed Mckernan, Daniel Payne
- CEVA creating a wearable IP platform , Jul 25, 2014
- Clever IoT Devices are Coming! , Jul 24, 2014
- Power Modeling and Simulation of System Memory Subsystem , Jul 24, 2014
- Atmel Licenses Mali and Security from ARM , Jul 24, 2014
- AMD 2Q14 Financial Results -- Lessons Learned , Jul 24, 2014
- Google Glass Fail! , Jul 23, 2014
- The Two Biggest Misses in Mobile , Jul 23, 2014
- NoCs for system-level power management , Jul 23, 2014
- Xilinx: Revenue Down, Profit Up, FinFET on Schedule , Jul 23, 2014
- The Leading Edge Foundry Landscape , Jul 23, 2014
It’s all the rage, so scan the QR Code to download my Virtual Card Format.