Read my 2014 DAC trip reports:
My engineering career began at Intel designing DRAMs at a time when Design Rule Checking (DRC) and Layout Versus Schematic checking (LVS) where done manually by New College Graduates (NCGs). It quickly dawned on me that Computer Aided Design (CAD) was desperately needed. Intel had a strong culture of internally developed CAD tools however that team never seemed to be able to automate everything that I wanted, so I just started writing my own CAD tools to make my life easier as an engineer.
After 8 years in IC design I decided to do something about the dearth of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools and joined a start-up called Silicon Compilers Inc in San Jose. The vision at SCI was quite powerful: Design at a high level of abstraction, push a button and the chip is automatically created both logically and physically. Mentor Graphics saw the promise of SCI and acquired the company.
EDA Consulting Services
I will accelerate your EDA business success with marketing and training services like:
My work can be conducted in stealth mode or out in the open to fit your project.
EDA at SemiWiki.com
This new site was launched in January 2011 and covers the EDA plus IP industries with: Forums, Wiki Pages and Blogs. We have several veteran bloggers: Daniel Nenni, Paul McLellan, Eric Esteve, Ed Mckernan, Daniel Payne
- Transistor-level Sizing Optimization , Aug 29, 2014
- Improving Complex System Design , Aug 29, 2014
- New details on Altera network-on-FPGA , Aug 28, 2014
- Granite River Labs and TSMC Expand Agreement , Aug 28, 2014
- Xilinx UltraScale gives you 25% more packing than you know who... , Aug 28, 2014
- Silicon Measurement Data Gives Insights to Using Metal Fill With Inductors , Aug 27, 2014
- Broadcom Internet of Things , Aug 27, 2014
- Do you check your circuit DC stability? , Aug 27, 2014
- Opting for ARM software scalability , Aug 26, 2014
- Mentor: It's All About Cars , Aug 26, 2014
It’s all the rage, so scan the QR Code to download my Virtual Card Format.