- This event has passed.
RIOS Open-source Hardware IP Licensing and Policy Workshop
July 1, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm AWST
IOS Lab is excited to announce that the first international legal conference on open tech and IP will be held on July 1st, 2022 (GMT+8). The main themes of the 2022 conference are open hardware licensing, litigation protections and open source policies. Some of the most prominent and high-profile speakers and representatives from a wide range of entities will deliver presentations and panel discussions on the themes from different angles. Some featured talks are as follows:
- Alternative microprocessor patent classifications to IPC and CPC
- Observations on open EDA, open PDK, and IPs and their development
- Open Source RISC-V Cores Commercial Adoption lessons learned (Solderpad Hardware license)
- Formulation of open source technology IP rules—from bottlenecks of open source technology
- Introduction of OIN Licenses for open source hardware
Everyone is welcome to attend to learn about the latest on the open source community and its legal protections and prospects from global industry giants such as Google, top community institute leaders such as OIN, Chip Alliance, and OpenHW Group, professional law firms such as King and Wood Mallesons. Register now by emailing to email@example.com for workshop agenda and programs.