- This event has passed.
Workshop on Open-Source Hardware, CF23-OSHW
May 9 @ 8:00 am - May 11 @ 5:00 pm CEST
Co-located with ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers 2020 May 9 – May 11, 2023 – Bologna, Italy
We are excited to announce a new workshop on the topic of open-source hardware, to be held concurrently with Computing Frontiers 2023.
Aim and Scope
The workshop aims to bring together researchers and practitioners working in the fields of computer architecture, electrical engineering, and computer science to discuss and share their latest research and developments in open hardware and open-source hardware. We welcome submissions on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Design/implementation of open-source processors, memory systems, and I/O devices
- Open-source CAD tools and methodologies for hardware design
- Open-source embedded systems and IoT devices
- Open-source PCB, FPGA, and ASIC design and fabrication
- Open-source firmware and software for embedded systems
- Open-source test and verification frameworks for hardware
- Open-source power and energy-efficient systems
- Hardware security and trust in open-source systems
Submissions should be in the form of an extended abstract (2 pages), formatted according to the double-column ACM conference format, accompanied by a link to a public repository (GitHub, etc.). Accepted abstracts will be included in the workshop proceedings and published in the ACM Digital Library. At least one author of an accepted abstract is required to register for the whole Computing Frontiers 2023 conference.
Submission page and information
Proceedings from the workshop will be published by ACM along with regular Computing Frontiers papers.
- Abstract submission deadline: March 6, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: March 17, 2023
- Camera ready deadline: March 24, 2023
- Davide Schiavone, OpenHW group, Switzerland
- Angelo Garofalo, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Francesco Conti, University of Bologna, Italy
- Frank K. Gürkaynak, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
For more information or any questions, please contact us.
We look forward to receiving your submissions and seeing you at the workshop!