Read my 2014 DAC trip reports:
My engineering career began at Intel designing DRAMs at a time when Design Rule Checking (DRC) and Layout Versus Schematic checking (LVS) where done manually by New College Graduates (NCGs). It quickly dawned on me that Computer Aided Design (CAD) was desperately needed. Intel had a strong culture of internally developed CAD tools however that team never seemed to be able to automate everything that I wanted, so I just started writing my own CAD tools to make my life easier as an engineer.
After 8 years in IC design I decided to do something about the dearth of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools and joined a start-up called Silicon Compilers Inc in San Jose. The vision at SCI was quite powerful: Design at a high level of abstraction, push a button and the chip is automatically created both logically and physically. Mentor Graphics saw the promise of SCI and acquired the company.
EDA Consulting Services
I will accelerate your EDA business success with marketing and training services like:
My work can be conducted in stealth mode or out in the open to fit your project.
EDA at SemiWiki.com
This new site was launched in January 2011 and covers the EDA plus IP industries with: Forums, Wiki Pages and Blogs. We have several veteran bloggers: Daniel Nenni, Paul McLellan, Eric Esteve, Ed Mckernan, Daniel Payne
- Ultra low light CMOS biosensor helps tackle infectious diseases , Sep 18, 2014
- GlobalFoundries on the Road , Sep 17, 2014
- Designing the Right Architecture Using HLS , Sep 17, 2014
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Acquires IBM Semiconductor Unit! , Sep 17, 2014
- Optimize Your Interconnect & Design at System Level for Best Results , Sep 16, 2014
- Interface IP Protocols: Status (2013), CAGR (2008/2013) & Forecast (to 2020) , Sep 16, 2014
- Taiwan Trip Report: The Coming Simulation Crisis! , Sep 15, 2014
- Safer SoCs for safer driving , Sep 14, 2014
- Intel Core M vs Apple A8! , Sep 14, 2014
- Pole Pole All the Way to the Top , Sep 13, 2014
It’s all the rage, so scan the QR Code to download my Virtual Card Format.