- This event has passed.
AMBA AHB Subsystems and How to Customize, Secure, and Verify
May 12, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
AMBA is a set of interconnect specifications that standardizes on chip communication mechanisms between various functional blocks (or IP) for building SOC designs. Silvaco’s AMBA AHB subsystems provide the basic interconnect and functional subsystems enabling SOC designers to target products such as IoT Devices, Medical Devices, Industrial Controllers, Wireless Gateways, and many more applications. These designs typically have one or more micro controllers or microprocessors along with several other subsystem components.
This webinar will provide an overview of the AMBA AHB subsystems and products offered by Silvaco. Some topics of discussion include Channel vs. Fabric architecture, low power, customization, hardware- and software-based security, and co-verification of the hardware and software.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of Silvaco’s portfolio of AMBA AHB subsystems, features, and capabilities
- Which architecture to use for a given application: Channel vs. Fabric
- Customization of subsystems
- Security Issues with traditional Cortex-M architecture
- Overview of Secure Subsystem Security features
- Software as a component of hardware simulation
- Security improvements, software security, and secure boot
Jim Avant, Senior Hardware and Software Engineer,
IP Division, Silvaco, Inc.
Jim Avant is a senior hardware and software engineer in Silvaco’s IP Division. He is the primary designer for several digital soft IP designs including the Secure AHB Subsystem. Prior to joining Silvaco in 2017, Jim was a senior design engineer at SoC Solutions. He has an extensive background in RTL digital logic design, digital signal processing, and embedded C programming.
Jim Avant holds a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (BEE) from Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Georgia.